1. Find and select a reputable mortgage company and get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan.
The only way to truly know how much home you can afford is to ask a reputable mortgage professional. Getting pre-qualified lets you know how much you can afford before shopping for your home. Knowing your buying power is in your best interest!
Follow the steps below to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process:
Complete online mortgage application
Speak with a licensed mortgage professional
Provide mortgage company with all required documents
Understand and follow the do’s and don’ts
Check your credit score with mortgage professional
Determine loan programs available to you and down payment options
Get to know interest rates & ensure your mortgage professional is providing you a best-in-market rate
Estimate your mortgage costs
2. Find and select a reputable Realtor®:
Provide your Realtor® with a copy of your pre-qualification letter from mortgage company
Start shopping and choose a home
Make an offer on your dream home
Receive an accepted offer from seller with a fully executed purchase contract
3. Get mortgage loan approval for a specific home:
Provide mortgage company with a complete copy of the fully executed purchase contract to include all addendums
Mortgage company will order Title policy
4. Get your home inspection and appraisal.
5. Submit all final documents mortgage company requires to review and issue a clear-to-close.
6. Receive your “clear-to-close” from mortgage company and schedule your closing date.