7 Step Guide to the Home Buying Process
7-STEP HOME BUYING GUIDE
1. Find and select a reputable mortgage lender and get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
The only way to truly know how much home you can afford is to ask a lender. Getting pre-approved lets you know how much you can afford before shopping for your home.
Follow the steps below to ensure a smooth process:
- Complete online mortgage application
- Speak with a licensed mortgage professional
- Provide lender with all required documents
- Understand and follow the do’s and don’ts
- Check your credit score with lender
- Determine loan types available to you and down payment options
- Get to know interest rates
- Estimate your mortgage costs
- Start saving
2. Find and select your U.S. Veterans Elite Realtor:
- Provide agent a copy of your pre-approved mortgage letter from lender
- Start shopping and choose a home
- Make an offer on your dream home
- Receive an accepted offer from seller with a fully executed purchase contract
3. Get mortgage loan approval for a specific home:
- Provide lender with a complete copy of the fully executed purchase contract to include all addendums
- Lender orders Title policy
4. Get your home inspection and appraisal.
5. Submit all final documents lender requires to review and issue a clear to close.
6. Receive “clear-to-close” from Lender and schedule your closing date.
7. Close on your new home and receive your keys.
You’re a Homeowner.
Connect with an Elite Realtor today!